Ultra endurance triathlons held in one-a-day formats, i.e. 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26 mile run every day.
Dorney Lake, Windsor (see below)
DATE / TIME:
The Deca / Quin / Quad will start on Wednesday October 4th 2017
Triple - Friday 6th October
Double - Saturday 7th October
DISTANCES / COST:
Double (1 a day format) - £320
Triple (1 a day format) - £480
Quad (1 a day format) - £640
Quin (1 a day format) - £800
Deca (1 a day format) - £1,600
Payment plans are available for the QUIN and DECA ONLY if required - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on this option.
• Finisher Medal
• Event Hoody
• Car parking (you will need a voucher from HQ)
• Transfer to Windsor hotel / campsite daily AM / PM
• One hot meal per day (mid afternoon) / Sports drinks, water, coke, squash, tea and coffee
• Snack food available (bread / toast, bananas, biscuits, jellybabies, chocolate and flapajck etc)
• Use of kitchen facilities in main event marquee (hot water, microwave, toaster, gas cookers and fresh water)
• Rest area in main marquee or event tents (for use during race day not night)
• Warm tent for changing post swim and drying wetsuits etc
• Massage (afternoon only)
• Toilets / Showers
• Secure area to leave your bike / kit during night
Competitor camping is no longer onsite (decision out of our control) but will be at the Amerden campsite which is just over 1.5 miles away from the venue. Please book early and let the campsite owners know that you are with the 2017 Deca Triathlon event. Price is £12 per person, per night.
Crew are very important for these types of events, but it is not a condition of entry.
If you need to hire a bike for the event, please contact British Bike Hire here.
Lake swim, wetsuits compulsory, you can also wear neoprene hats, booties and gloves. Water temperature will be between 12 - 15 degrees depending on the summer!
Traffic-free 4.5k loop on flat, smooth tarmac.
Traffic-free 4.5k loop on flat, smooth tarmac and grass option on the side!
WATER / AIR TEMPERATURE IN OCTOBER:
As this event is ran in early October, you need to prepare for colder weather. If you have any concerns about this, please contact Claire (email@example.com)
On or before 1st Aug 2017 we will refund 50% of entry fee. After 1st Aug 2017 we will not refund your entry fee (0%). The £200 deposit is non-refundable.
IMAGES FROM THE 2016 RECCE:
Dorney Lake, off Court Lane, Dorney, Windsor, SL4 6QP
Dorney Lake is a modern world-class rowing and flat-water canoeing centre set in a spectacular 450-acre parkland near Windsor. The site hosted the Rowing and Kayak events during the Olympic and Paralympic Games for London 2012 and was voted top Olympic venue.